Black Swan has appointed metro and regional Ambassadors to act as a conduit between the Company and Western Australian communities. Our Ambassadors are an integral part of Black Swan State Theatre Companys engagement strategy. We hope that by giving metro and regional theatre enthusiasts the opportunity to connect with their State Theatre Company, they will gain the confidence to network and engage with the arts on a much deeper level, continue an appreciation for theatre and forge lasting connections between Black Swan and their community.
The members chosen are diverse and skilled in a variety of areas with a mix of local voices and community or government employees in order to obtain a variety of viewpoints and knowledge.
Our Ambassadors will receive:
- Complimentary tickets to all preview performances of Black Swans mainstage season at the State Theatre Centre of Western Australia,
- an invitation to our season launch, and
- access to one free community workshop when we are in their town with a suitable artist.
Our Ambassadors will be responsible for:
- Representing Black Swan through introducing other community members to the company,
- by passing on production information,
- talking about upcoming events, and
- encouraging their community to purchase tickets to productions.
In order to facilitate projects that involve collaboration with regional towns across Western Australia, Black Swan has established a network of regional ambassadors to encourage and strengthen the established links between Black Swan and the community.
Black Swans current Regional Ambassadors are:
|Carnarvon||Sabrina Dowling Giudici|
|Margaret River||Ian Smith|
|Margaret River||Meredith McCormack|
|Denham / Shark Bay||Patricia Renoir-Weston|
|Denham / Shark Bay||Derek Weston|
Metro Ambassadors is a new branch of our Ambassadors program. Metro Ambassadors will work to connect Black Swan to local community groups in the metro area and will also coordinate communications between Black Swans Regional Ambassadors around the state.
Currently, Black Swan's Metro Ambassadors are Nicky Nolan, Madison Gracie and Michelle Bambling.
For more information please contact our Education and Community Access Manager, Alena on email@example.com.