As part of our commitment to provide quality arts experiences to high school students in Western Australia, Black Swan welcomes students in year 10, 11 & 12 to apply for their new work experience program. Ideally, this placement suits students who are planning a career path in the arts, specifically theatre.
Held on 25th & 26th August at the State Theatre Centre of WA, students will spend two days with their state theatre company hearing from Artistic Director Clare Watson and other staff and experience three workshops with our sought after teaching artists. They will complete a theatre tour of the State Theatre Centre of WA and finish by attending a performance of our mainstage production, Switzerland by Joanna Murray Smith.
Registration is $30. This is extraordinary value as you can see by the schedule breakdown below:
- Student ticket for Switzerland valued at $34
- Workshop one: Stage Combat (90 mins) valued at $8 per student
- Workshop two: Improvisation (90 mins) valued at $8 per student
- Workshop three: Set & Costume design (90 mins) valued at $8 per student
- Artist talk: Artistic Director, Clare Watson (30 mins)
- Artist talk: Associate Director, Stuart Halusz (30 mins)
- Artist talk: Marketing and Audience Development Manager (30 mins)
- Artist talk: Production Manager (30 mins)
All our work experience places for 2017 have been filled. Please do not submit any applications for work experience at this time.
Black Swan accepts university students for internships throughout the year. Applicants are selected on a case by case basis in the areas of Marketing, Partnerships and Education. Please download and complete the application form and send to firstname.lastname@example.org including your current CV and cover letter.
Please note all our internships positions for 2017 have been filled. Please do not submit any applications for internships at this time.