Are you a ‘can do’ theatre-loving professional with outstanding knowledge of all things technical?
Following a period of renewal and growth, Black Swan State Theatre Company is seeking a Technical Coordinator who knows their DI from their HDMI to join our family.
The Technical Coordinator is a key part of a team that brings to life Black Swan’s first-class productions, provides dedicated support to our events and projects, and drives our technical operations.
To be successful in this role, candidates must meet the following essential criteria:
- Minimum of four years’ experience in a similar position in a performing arts organisation.
- Demonstrated knowledge of all technical aspects of professional theatre production, including planning, negotiating, and managing production processes, set and costume builds, and negotiation with creative teams.
- Demonstrated experience in effectively managing production budgets and schedules.
- Working knowledge of relevant industrial awards and legislation, including the Live Performance Award, Performer’s Collective Agreement, and relevant WHS legislation and policies.
- Proven experience working as part of a team in a fast-moving, creative environment instilling a high-performance, supportive, and positive culture.
- Excellent communication and relationship management skills.
- An eye for detail and the ability to see the big picture.
- A proactive, collaborative mindset and demonstrated capacity to work independently.
For the full position description, please click here.
To apply, please email a cover letter briefly addressing the selection criteria, and a current CV (PDF format preferred) to the Director of Operations at email@example.com.
Applications close: Friday 5 November
Black Swan values inclusivity and encourages people of diverse backgrounds to apply.
FOR ARTISTS AND STUDENTS
To learn more about auditions and other opportunities for artists and creatives, visit our Artists page.
For more information regarding opportunities for young people at Black Swan, email our Creative Learning Manager firstname.lastname@example.org