The role of a Student Ambassador
Black Swan student ambassadors:
- Take on a leadership role as youth representatives within the company.
- Engage as advocates for Black Swan within their schools and social network.
- Have the opportunity to meet theatre and creative professionals.
- Learn about the inner workings of their state’s theatre company.
- Attend Black Swan productions, talks, discussions, and any other appropriate activations.
- Promote Black Swan to the broader community and at specific community events.
- Invited to attend the annual season launch with a drama educator.
Student Ambassadors - High School
Now in its seventh year, the annual Ambassadors program gives students in Year 12 the chance to participate in a theatre enrichment program that offers experiences beyond the classroom and supports their passion in the arts.
Students are nominated in Year 12 by their drama educator. The 2019 high school student ambassadors are: Audrey Lombardi, Genevieve Reid, Gabrielle Williams and Millie Foster.
Student Ambassadors - Tertiary
Candidates intern with Black Swan as part of their induction and are then considered by the company for an ambassador role.
The 2019 Tertiary Student Ambassadors are: Justin Mosel Crossley – Murdoch University, Maddy Jolly Fuentes – WAAPA/ECU, Adam Di Tullio - WAAPA/ ECU, Lily Jones – WAAPA/ECU and James Garces – Murdoch University.