Coming Soon: Work Experience Intensive
On Friday 21 and Saturday 22 June 2019 Black Swan invites students from year 10 – 12 to experience a 2-day theatre intensive at The State Theatre Centre of WA. This unique, behind-the-scenes experience includes:
- Back stage tour of the Health Ledger Theatre
- Three workshops with Black Swan artists on Improvisation, Lighting Design and Show Business
- Panel discussion with Black Swan resident artists hosted by Black Swan’s Literary Manager, Polly Low
- Attending a performance of The Torrents at 11.30am on Friday 21 June
- In-depth discussion about the performance with Black Swan’s Artistic Director, Clare Watson
There are only 30 spots available for this program so get in quick!
Registration is $50
Apply here: Be sure to state your name, school and year group.
“Black Swan opened our eyes to the various creative and amazing jobs offered all throughout the theatre such as sound producing and teaching. We were even fortunate enough to meet the Artistic Director of the Company, Clare Watson, it was an incredible privilege.”
– St Stephens School student.
As part of our commitment to provide quality arts experiences to high school students in Western Australia, Black Swan welcomes students in year 10, 11 & 12 to apply for the new work experience program. Ideally, this placement suits students who are planning a career path in the arts, specifically theatre.
Black Swan accepts university students for internships throughout the year. Applicants are selected on a case by case basis in the areas of marketing, sponsorship, philanthropy and education.
Our work experience and internships positions are reviewed on a case by case basis and dependent upon availability.