Black Swan State Theatre Company Ticketing Terms and Conditions
1. Welcome to the Black Swan State Theatre Company (Black Swan) ticketing terms and conditions (Ticketing Terms and Conditions). All tickets (Tickets) to Black Swan events (Events) are subject to these Ticketing Terms and Conditions. This includes Tickets purchased on the internet through Black Swan’s website (located at http://www.bsstc.com.au), via phone, mail, email and in person.
3. If you have previously purchased a Ticket, please be aware that the Terms and Conditions, including the Ticketing Terms and Conditions may since have been updated without notice. This is the latest version of the Ticketing Terms and Conditions.
4. All questions concerning the Terms and Conditions, including the Ticketing Terms and Conditions, should be directed to Black Swan using these contact details:
Black Swan State Theatre Company
PO Box 337
NORTHBRIDGE WA 6865
Black Swan State Theatre Company
Level 1,182 William Street
PERTH WA 6000
- Notwithstanding anything else in these Ticketing Terms and Conditions, all Tickets are subject to the terms and conditions applicable to the venue of the Event and to any terms and conditions displayed at the point of sale and at the venue of the Event.
- Tape recorders, video cameras and cameras may not be brought into any Event and all pagers and mobile telephones must be turned off before entry.
- Subject to paragraphs 11 to 13 below, Tickets will be fully refunded or exchanged where the Event to which you purchased a Ticket is:
Alternation, cancellation and re-scheduling of Events
6. Black Swan may vary advertised programs to add, withdraw or substitute artists at any Event where necessary.
7. Black Swan will endeavour to advise you if an Event has been re-scheduled or cancelled and whether you are entitled to entry to a re-scheduled Event. If you are entitled to entry to a re-scheduled Event, then Black Swan will endeavour to ensure you are seated in a similar location in the re-scheduled event.
Refusal of entry and eviction
9. You may be refused entry to an Event or evicted from an Event at the sole discretion of Black Swan in any circumstance including the following:
a) where you arrive at the venue of the Event after the commencement time of the Event;
b) where you produce a Ticket that has been handled or dealt with in a way that is contrary to the Terms and Conditions;
c) where you cannot produce proof of your concession entitlement where a concession Ticket has been purchased;
d) where you produce a Ticket that has been identified by Black Swan, the owner or proprietor of the venue of an Event (Venue Manager) or a person authorised by Black Swan or a Venue Manager to sell Tickets or goods and services relating to Tickets (Ticketing Service Provider) as having been sold or offered for resale for a profit by any person or organisation that is not authorised by Black Swan, the Venue Manager or a Ticketing Service Provider (ie. a ‘scalped’ ticket);
e) where you have in your possession or refuse to surrender to the Venue Manager any object or article including but not limited to photographic or recording equipment, food or alcohol, that is not permitted to be brought into or used in that venue;
f) where you refuse to undergo a physical search or a search of your possessions where such a search is requested by Black Swan, the Venue Manager or a Ticketing Service Provider;
g) where you behave in a manner which may cause property damage or that threatens the safety of any other person;
h) where you are behaving in a manner that unreasonably interferes with other Ticket holders’ enjoyment of the Event, including through the use of cameras, mobile phones, personal computers, paging devices or other electronic devices;
i) where you otherwise breach the Venue Manager’s conditions of entry or fail to follow the reasonable directions of the staff or agents of Black Swan, the Venue Manager or a Ticketing Service Provider; or
j) where you refuse to remain in the area or seat designated on your Ticket.
Refunds and exchanges
b) re-scheduled (and you cannot or do not wish to attend the re-scheduled Event); or
c) significantly re-located,
or as is otherwise provided in the Live Performance Australia Ticketing Code of Practice.
- If a Ticket is purchased as a part of a subscription (a ticket package that has a minimum of three shows) requires a refund pursuant to paragraph 10, then the quantum of your refund will be the proportion of the price of the subscription attributable to the relevant Ticket as determined by Black Swan in its sole discretion.
- If an Event is cancelled mid-Event then the quantum of your refund will depend on the nature of the Event and the proportion of the Event completed. In such circumstances Black Swan will refund an amount which in its sole discretion is reasonable in the circumstances having regard to the nature of the Event and the proportion of the Event completed.
- Subject to paragraph 14 below, you will not be eligible for a refund or exchange in the following circumstances:
a) if you purchased your Ticket from a ticket seller not authorised by Black Swan;
b) if you do not provide, on request by Black Swan, proof that your Ticket was purchased from a Ticket seller authorised by Black Swan;
c) if the Ticket was free or complimentary; or
d) your grounds for requesting the refund or exchange consist solely of one or more of the following grounds:
- i. the standard of the Event did not meet your expectations;
- ii. you were unable to attend the Event for any reason, including illness, transport failure or delay, or you chose not to attend the original Event for which you purchased the Ticket;
- iii. you were refused entry to the Event or evicted from the Event for any reason set out in paragraph 9 above, or for any reason set out as being a reason for refusal of entry or eviction in the Live Performance Australia Ticketing Code of Practice;
- iv. the Event used an understudy in the place of a main performer and you were made aware of the use of an understudy at or before the time of the Event;
- v. Black Swan is not compliant with the Live Performance Australia Ticketing Code of Practice;
- vi. the Ticket price was altered after the time at which you purchased your Ticket;
- vii. more seats were released to the Event after the time at which you purchased your Ticket; or
- viii. your Ticket was lost, stolen or is invalid
- In circumstances not covered by paragraphs 10 to 13 above, Black Swan may offer a discretionary refund. A discretionary refund will only be offered if you made the request within a reasonable time after the Event, preferably within five working days of the Event. To request a discretionary refund, you must follow the guidelines set out in the Live Performance Australia Ticketing Code of Practice.
- If you are entitled to a full refund of the price of your Ticket, then the refund will not include the service charge.
Subscription Ticket collection
- When purchasing Tickets on the Website, Black Swan will dispatch the Tickets by post within 4 weeks of the purchase with a copy of the receipt for your records. Black Swan will only post Tickets to Australian addresses. Tickets for addresses outside Australia can be collected from the performance venue 30 minutes prior to the performance start time.
- If you are a Black Swan Subscriber and are purchasing additional Tickets on the Black Swan website or you are subscribing and there is not sufficient time for postage (i.e. less than 2 weeks before an Event) the additional Tickets or the Tickets to the first performance of the subscription package will not be posted to you but instead can be collected by you from the performance venue 30 minutes prior to the performance start time.