The State Theatre Centre of WA is located at the corner of William Street and Roe Street in Perth.
Public Transport to the State Theatre Centre of WA
The Centre is just a stone's throw away from Perth Railway Station and Roe Street Bus Station, making public transport a great option for travelling to and from the theatre.
Rail & Bus
The Centre is easily accessed from the Perth train station - please see location map for directions.
Transperth's Blue CAT buses travel from the Barrack St Jetty to Northbridge. The closest pick-up and drop-off points to the State Theatre Centre are Beaufort Street (stop 7) and James Street (stop 14).
It is recommended that patrons requiring special assistance at train and bus stations contact Transperth on 1800 800 022 (24 hour service).
For more information on routes, timetables and services contact Transperth's InfoLine on 13 62 13 or visit the Transperth website.
Please note: Due to the construction at the Perth train station, ways to get to the State Theatre Centre from the station may change frequently. Please follow any signage at the station to make your way to Roe Street and the STCWA.
Pedestrians can connect between the CBD and Northbridge using footpaths on the Horseshoe Bridge, the Milligan Street railway footbridge and the Eastern Concourse that connects the Perth Cultural Centre with Forrest Chase. People with accessibility difficulties are encouraged to use the Eastern Concourse that connects the Cultural Centre with Forrest Chase.
Pick up and set down only points are available on William Street close to the main entrance to the venue. This area is also classed as a Taxi Zone when not being used for parking. Taxi ranks are situated at:
- Perth City Rail Station (Wellington Street)
- William Street Supervised Rank (located between Roe & James Streets, supervised Fri & Sat nights 12am-4am)
- James Street (outside foodhall, near corner of Lake Street)
- Milligan Street (alongside Rosie O'Grady's towards Roe Street. Fri & Sat nights, 11pm to 5am only).
Parking at the State Theatre Centre of WA
There are three City of Perth parking locations in close proximity to The Centre.
- State Library Car Park, 15 Francis Street, which has 7 ACROD bays (note: the James Street entrance to this carpark is now closed.)
- The Cultural Centre Car Park, 2 Roe Street, which has 4 ACROD bays
- Roe Street Car Park, 68 Roe Street, which has 5 ACROD bays
All three car parks are secure and situated a few minutes walk from The Centre - please visit www.cityofperthparking.com.au for more info. There is also a comprehensive network of cycle and dual-use paths in the area and there are bike racks at the Perth train station and one at The Centre on James Street.
Click here to visit the City of Perth's Parking website for more detailed information on rates and opening and closing times.
The Cultural Centre and the State Library car parks are currently offering prepaid parking:
- Cultural Centre car park prepaid parking: available 6pm till close.
- State Library car park prepaid parking: available Sunday to Thursday 6pm till close, Friday and Saturday 6pm till 3am.