Black Swan State Theatre Company Ltd (ABN 25 053 092 961) (Black Swan State Theatre Company or We/we or Our/our or Us/us) is committed to respecting the privacy of your personal information.
Personal information is important to Black Swan State Theatre Company
- Black Swan State Theatre Company is committed to safeguarding personal privacy. It recognises that you have a right to control how your personal information is collected and used. Providing personal information is an act of trust and it is taken seriously. Unless given consent to do otherwise, Black Swan State Theatre Company will only collect and use personal information as set out below.
Anonymity and pseudonymity
Where practicable, we will allow you to deal with us on an anonymous or pseudonymous basis. If this is practicable, our Collection Channels will seek information in this way. However, where it is not practicable for the purposes for which information is collected, we will seek the information identified below.
Kinds of Personal Information that Black Swan State Theatre Company Collects and Holds
We will only collect sensitive information with your consent. Where you provide us with any sensitive information (including, but not limited to, information about your racial or ethnic origin, religious affiliation, political opinions, sexual orientation and/or medical history) we will only use this information for the purposes stated on the Collection Channel.
How Black Swan State Theatre Company Collects and Holds Personal Information
Active Information Collection
- Personal information is requested in order to facilitate or provide you with certain content, products or services, and information about such content, products or services (including the uploading, access to, and receipt of content on a Website, and purchase transactions undertaken on a Website), marketing materials, newsletters, electronic newsletters (e-newsletters), news and media releases / launch information, and also to advise you of other Black Swan State Theatre Company or third party products, services, offers, competitions or events which may be of interest. No one is obligated to provide personal information. However, failure to do so may result in Black Swan State Theatre Company being unable to facilitate or provide you with certain content, products or services, products or services information, upcoming promotion, competition, offer or event information or accept competition entries (where applicable).
- We may also obtain your personal information from legitimate third party sources including list brokers, referral agents and other data providers or organisations that share data in circumstances where it is lawful and/or you have given permission for them to do so.
Personal information will not be collected by any person who is known by Black Swan State Theatre Company to be under the age of fifteen (15) without the consent of a parent or legal guardian. Persons under age fifteen (15) may only use our website with the involvement and consent of a parent or legal guardian.
Passive Information Collection
- As with many commercial website, Black Swan State Theatre Company may also collect information which tells us about visitors to our website. For example, we may collect information about the date, time and duration of visits and which pages of a website are most commonly accessed. This information is generally not linked to the identity of visitors, except where a website is accessed via links in an email we have sent or where we are able to uniquely identify the device or user accessing a Website. By accessing a website via links in an email we have sent and/or by accessing a website generally, you consent to the collection of such information where it is personal information.
- Our website may use and combine such passively collected anonymous information or personal information from various third party sources, including as described in paragraph 15, to provide better service to Website visitors and users, customise a Website based on your preferences, compile and analyse statistics and trends, and otherwise administer and improve a Website for your use. We may combine your visitor session information or other information collected through tracking technologies with personally identifiable information from time to time in order to understand and measure your online experiences and to determine what products, promotions and services are likely to be of interest to you. By accessing a website, you consent to information about you being collected, compiled and used in this way.
- For more information about cookies and how you can opt out, you can visit http://www.youronlinechoices.com.au.
Purposes for which Black Swan State Theatre Company collects, holds, uses and discloses personal information
- Personal information collected will be collected, used and/or disclosed for the following primary purposes:
- For the purposes stated in a privacy collection statement on a particular Collection Channel.
- To maintain the functionality of a Website, including the provision of information to you relating to the content available on the Website and e-commerce transactions conducted via the Website.
- To send you any technical, administrative or legal notices important to our Website and services generally.
- To provide you with information about your transactions (including uploading, access to, and receipt of content on a Website, and purchase transactions undertaken on a Website), content, services and products, to provide direct marketing materials, events, special offers, competitions and promotions in person and via any medium including mail, telephone and commercial electronic messages (SMS (Short Message Service), MMS (Multimedia Messaging Service), IM (Instant Messaging), email) or any other form of electronic, emerging, digital or conventional communications channel.
- To maintain our relationship with you.
- To render services related to Black Swan State Theatre Company (including guidance enquiries).
- To provide you with training, including online training.
- To undertake recruitment for Black Swan State Theatre Company.
- To provide you with newsletters via mail and electronic newsletters (e-newsletters) via commercial electronic messages.
- To respond to member and customer enquiries.
- To improve Website and systems and programs administration.
- To obtain opinions or comments about products and/or services and to conduct other research and development.
- To record statistical data for marketing analysis and to conduct market research.
- To share personal information with Black Swan State Theatre Company group companies, our promotional partners and other trusted third parties in the manner described below.
- To collect, hold, use and disclose personal information as stated above, for the purpose of providing professional services to our members and customers.
- For the purposes described above, personal information may be shared with Black Swan State Theatre Company group companies, Black Swan State Theatre Company promotional partners, Black Swan State Theatre Company members and customers and other trusted third parties (and their directors, servants and agents) either in Australia or overseas including by not limited to the United Kingdom. Failure to provide personal information may result in Black Swan State Theatre Company being unable to provide you with certain content, information, upcoming promotion, event or product information and/or accept promotion entries (where applicable).
- In order to operate a Website or deliver a service (including, for example, processing of credit card payments), personal information may also be shared with Black Swan State Theatre Company group companies, selected service providers and/or other trusted third parties either in Australia or overseas including but not limited to the United Kingdom. Black Swan State Theatre Company group companies, selected service providers and/or other trusted third parties may be engaged by Black Swan State Theatre Company to perform a variety of functions, such as data storage, processing credit card payments, fulfilling orders, conducting market research, assisting with promotions and surveys, providing online training and providing technical services for our Website. These companies may have access to personal information if needed to perform such functions. Your credit card details are only used to facilitate your booking and/or purchase. They are not used for any other purpose and will never be supplied to a third party.
Contact by Black Swan State Theatre Company
- Black Swan State Theatre Company group companies (and their directors, servants and agents), Black Swan State Theatre Company promotional partners or trusted third parties (and other selected service providers and other non-Black Swan State Theatre Company, companies or professionals) either in Australia or overseas, may contact you via telephone, SMS (Short Message Service), MMS (Multimedia Messaging Service), IM (Instant Messaging), email, post or any other form of electronic, emerging, digital or conventional communications channel using the information provided in order to contact you in respect of the primary purposes for collection of personal information as stated above.
- Despite removing your name from the database from receiving future advertising and marketing information, Black Swan State Theatre Company may send you non-commercial “Administrative Emails”. Administrative Emails relate to a Black Swan State Theatre Company user account and may include administrative and transaction confirmations, requests and inquiries or information about a particular Black Swan State Theatre Company user account. If you do not wish to receive such communications from Black Swan State Theatre Company, you may remove your name from the database by utilising the functional unsubscribe facility.
Ability of others to view information
25 Black Swan State Theatre Company may provide areas on a website where you can upload user-generated content, post or provide information about yourself, communicate with other users, provide reviews for content, products and/or services or interact with or vote on particular content. This information may be shared with others and may be publicly posted on our Website, including without limitation, other social media platforms and other public forums in which you choose to participate. This information may become publicly available and may be read, collected and used by others outside of our Website. Black Swan State Theatre Company is not responsible for the conduct of others who may read, collect and use this information.
Your right of access
You have the right to access and review your personal information that may be recorded on a Black Swan State Theatre Company database. Information may be reviewed by contacting Black Swan State Theatre Company’s privacy officer via email: email@example.com or telephone: +61 8 6212 9300. Please allow 30 days for this request to be processed.
Changing and deleting the information we have about you
- Information contained on the database may be amended, or your preferences for contact from us changed, by contacting Black Swan State Theatre Company’s privacy officer via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone: +61 8 6212 9300. Please allow 30 days for this request to be processed.
- In the same way, a request may be made to delete personal information, and all reasonable steps to delete the information will be made, except where it is required for legal reasons. Deletion of information may result in Black Swan State Theatre Company being unable to facilitate or provide you with information about certain transactions (including the uploading, access to, and receipt of content on a website, and purchase transactions undertaken on a website), other content, services or product information, upcoming promotion, competition or event information, and/or provide certain content, goods or services.
- We are not responsible for removing your personal information from the lists of any third party who has previously been provided your information in accordance with this policy.
Storage and security of personal information
Black Swan State Theatre Company will endeavour to take all reasonable steps to keep secure any personal information recorded (including your credit card details), and to keep this information accurate, up to date, complete and relevant. The information is stored on secure servers that are protected in controlled facilities. This service may be performed on our behalf and data may be hosted by our selected data storage providers.
Disclosure of personal information to overseas recipients
In some cases, Black Swan State Theatre Company may disclose your personal information to overseas recipients in countries including, but not limited to, the United Kingdom. Black Swan State Theatre Company employees, data processors and other trusted third parties including industry associations are obliged to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by Black Swan State Theatre Company. However, security of communications over the Internet cannot be guaranteed, and therefore absolute assurance that information will be secure at all times cannot be given. Black Swan State Theatre Company will not be held responsible for events arising from unauthorised access to personal information.
Black Swan State Theatre Company and links to other website
- Our website may, from time to time, contain links to the website of other organisations which may be of interest to you. Their inclusion cannot be taken to imply any endorsement or validation by us of the content of the third party website. Linked website are responsible for their own privacy practices and you should check those website for their respective privacy statements. Black Swan State Theatre Company is not responsible, nor does it accept any liability, for the conduct of companies linked to our Website.
- We may use third party advertisements on our Website. All third party advertising, if paid for, is paid for by the relevant third party advertisers and are not recommendations or endorsements by Black Swan State Theatre Company or any of its affiliates. Black Swan State Theatre Company is not responsible for the content (including representations) of any third party advertisement on a Website. Cookies may be associated with these advertisements to enable the advertiser to track the number of anonymous users responding to the campaign. We do not have access to or control of cookies placed by third parties.
Related Black Swan State Theatre Company Website
Sale of the Company
Black Swan State Theatre Company Social Media Community Standards
We enjoy receiving your feedback, thoughts and questions as we share with you our work, behind the scenes updates and other stories which we feel are important to us and our community.
Black Swan strongly believes that Facebook should be pleasant and respectful platform for everyone. Difference in opinion is welcome but we ask that you do this politely and with respect, please stay on topic and refrain from using offensive language. We do reserve the right to delete and block any user, comments or posts that are reasonably considered offensive or which unreasonably upset our community.
On liking or following our Black Swan State Theatre Company Limited you accept to abide by our social media community rules of engagement.
- No profane, defamatory, offensive or violent language
- No "trolling”, or posting deliberately disruptive statements meant to hijack comment threads or throw discussions off-track
- No attacks on specific groups or any comments meant to harass, threaten or abuse an individual
- No hateful or discriminatory comments regarding race, ethnicity, religion, gender, disability, sexual orientation or political beliefs
- No links or comments containing sexually explicit content material.
- No discussion of illegal activity.
- No spam, link baiting or files containing viruses that could damage the operation of other people’s computers or mobile devices.
- No violations of copyright or intellectual property rights.
- No content determined to be inappropriate, in poor taste, or otherwise contrary to the purposes of the post or the page.
For more, please refer to Facebook’s Statement of Rights and Responsibilities at: http://www.facebook.com/terms.phphttp://www.facebook.com/terms.php
Photos and videos
If you share or repost a photo, video or text please include any credits as we have done and link back to our page or website. Please do not use any of our content for commercial purposes.
Problems or queries
182 William Street
Perth WA 6000
08 6212 9300
Please allow 30 days for this request to be processed. If you do not receive a satisfactory response from Black Swan State Theatre Company to your query, problem or complaint within 30 days, you may refer your query, problem or complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner via the contact details listed at http://www.oaic.gov.au/about-us/contact-us-page.